Remember when the cold air left and our legs victoriously broke free from the confines of denim and leggings?! It all felt so exciting and scandalous. Fast forward a few months and we’re hot, bored with the once exciting patterned shorts we’ve now worn one too many times, and would gladly welcome a chilly breeze signaling sweater season. But alas, it’s only August and in the South we still have a while before we can break out the sweaters we’ve been wistfully stocking up on (like this, this and this!) So until then, here are 5 ways (and pieces) to get you through in style!
1. A great way to switch things up and make your go-to tanks and dresses interesting again is to top them off with a fresh kimono!
1. Luau Kimono $59
2. Florence Kimono $44
3. Sicily Kimono $36
4. Paisley AndFringe Kimono $44
2. Accessorize, accessorize, ACCESSORIZE!! A statement necklace or earrings can make many pieces in your wardrobe feel brand new.
1. Sun Horn Bead Necklace $29
2. Twist and Shout Necklace $21
4. Egyptian Tassels, Pink $195. Other Half Necklace, Turquoise $19
3. A statement bralette peeking out totally revamps your look and gives it the perfect touch of feminine edge.
2. Halter Lace Bralette, Navy $24
4. If you’re like us, you’ve been wearing the same pairs or jean shorts and chinos all summer long. Swap them for some breezy pants for a completely different look!
2. Dots of Love Pants $39
3. Soft Chambray Trousers $59
4. Beach Breeze Pants, Pink $29
5. Invest in a maxi dress you love! The maxi is every stylish girls secret weapon. Opt for a solid color or basic pattern so you can mix up the look with accessories and take it into fall under jackets and cardis!
1. Delilah Maxi $48
2. Meet Cute Midi, Grey $48
3. All This is That Maxi, Blue $89
4. Island Dress $72
5. Monte Carlo Maxi, Navy $34